day 1. 7 November 2016
- Ordered course Expressing your vision
- Read course book until and including square mile assignment
- Opened E-mail account Explored Oca website
- Watched Get started guide & video
- Watched Video – role of the tutor, using still images to represent a temporal world
- Opened Tumblr learning blog
- Drafted profile for tutor
day 2. 8 November 2016
- Read Classic essays on photography p71-97
- Thoughts on learning blog
day 3. 9 November 2016
- 1st contact tutor, read info from his e-mail.
- prepared draft assignment schedule.
- Read Classic essays on Photography edited by Alan Trachtenberg p99-113
- Watched Facts & Villerous- Documentary filmmaker Jessica Villerius speaks with gang members about their life of violence and retribution. If you want to step out of that life, you must first remove gang tattoos.
- Watched De ideale wereld (DIW), a Belgium satirical program on Trump being elected president
day 4. 10 November 2016
- read course book Expressing your Vision p1-34 (except links and no exercise done)
day 5. 11 November 2016
- Introduction course + actions
- Started WordPress log instead of Tumblr
- Looked at some pictures in Photobox
day 6. 12 November 2016
- Continued with Introduction course
- Organized learning log
- Started with assignment “research trail”
- Started with assignment 1 – sqaure mile – preparation & research
- Watched ‘De Kwis’ – a Dutch satirical program on last weeks’ news.
day 7. 13 November 2016
- Made pictures for assignment 1
- Read Classic essays on photography edited by Alan Trachtenberg p115-132
- Started preparing reflection on first days
So far I haven’t properly reflected on things done. I’ve mainly been busy with getting things organized. The introduction course took more time than expected. Also I decided on doing a proper research assignment not only as practice, but also as a contextual research. Therefor it will take more time to finalize. My reflections on that assignment I’ll write as part of a separate article called ‘Magnum Controversies’. The same goes for assignment one – square mile, a project called ‘off the baby blanket’.