day 36. 12 December 2016
- Post activities done
- Post doubt(6)
- Read Criticizing photographs by Terry Barrett p187-200
day 37. 13 December 2016
- Read Expressing your Vision part 2
- Watch season 2 Netflix serie ‘Narcos’, 6 episodes
day 38. 14 December 2016
- Watch remaining episodes season 2 Netflix serie ‘Narcos’
day 39. 15 December 2016
- Read Criticizing photographs by Terry Barrett p201-235
day 40. 16 December 2016
day 41. 17 December
- Visit foto museum Antwerp
- Exercise 2.1-7
- Watch 5 episodes season 1 Netflix serie ‘Stranger Things’
day 42. 18 December
- Watch remaining episodes season 1 Netflix serie ‘Stranger Things’
- Read Langford’s basic photography p204-254
- Read photography a critical introduction by Liz Wells p24-44
- Prepare posts FOMU Antwerp visit
- Watch German movie in theater – Toni Erdmann (Maren Ade, 2016)
Narcos. The mix of acting and historical video footage make a believable series. All though the story is dramatized the upcoming of and hunt for Pablo Escobar is factual.
Stranger Things. A science fiction – horror serie. The plot follows the disappearance of a young boy, and the appearance of a telekinetic girl, who helps his friends in their search, while the boy’s older brother, his mother, and the town police chief start their own investigations. Not to spectacular series. The electronic music adds to the 80’s sphere the creators aim for.
Toni Erdmann is a 2016 German-Austrian comedy-drama film directed, written and co-produced by Maren Ade. Brilliant screenplay and acting.
Visit FOMU Antwerp. Selleslags Unpacks. ‘Herman Selleslags (BE, °1938) is one of Belgium’s most famous photographers. In 2015, he donated his archive, and that of his father Rik, to FOMU. The variety in material is very The exhibition shows the diversity of Rik and Herman Selleslags’ work: from assignments for HUMO, family albums and product photography for Grand Bazar to street photography, Jewish weddings, the 1943 winter and the 1953 floods. Less iconic and lesser-known images by Herman Selleslags were also unearthed from the archive boxes: pictures of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and of his friend the actor Julien Schoenaerts.’ FOMU Antwerp (2016). Great variety in subjects. Interesting movie on display how 45 years of work was archived and transported.
Fomu Antwerp (2016) At URL: http://www.fotomuseum.be/en/exhibitions/herman-selleslags.html (Accessed on 19 December 2016)